RTE Act: More Info
Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 (Amendment, 2012)
Model Rules under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act , 2009
Guidelines on Procedure for School Admission Under RTE Act, 2009
Supreme Court Judgement, 12th April 2012
Apart from the 25 percent reservation, the Indian Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 (amendment 2012) also has several other path-breaking clauses.
3. (1) Every child of the age of six to fourteen years shall have a RIGHT TO FREE AND COMPULSORY EDUCATION in a neighbourhood school till completion of elementary education
4. Where a child above six years of age has not been admitted in any school or though admitted, could not complete his or her elementary education, then, he or she shall be admitted in a CLASS APPROPRIATE TO HIS OR HER AGE
14. (2) No child shall be denied admission in a school for lack of AGE PROOF
16. No child admitted in a school shall be HELD BACK IN ANY CLASS OR EXPELLED from school till the completion of elementary education
17. (1) No child shall be subjected to PHYSICAL PUNISHMENT OR MENTAL HARASSMENT
18. (1) No school, .....shall, after the commencement of this Act, be established or function, without obtaining a CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION from such authority, by making an application in such form and manner, as may be prescribed.
19. (1) No school shall be established or recognised under section 18, unless it fulfils the NORMS AND STANDARDS specified in the Schedule.
21. (1) A school........ shall constitute a SCHOOL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE consisting of the elected representatives of the local authority, parents or guardians of children admitted in such school and teachers
27. No teacher shall be deployed for any NON-EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES other than the decennial population census, disaster relief duties or duties relating to elections to the local authority or the State Legislatures or Parliament, as the case may be.
28. No teacher shall engage himself or herself in PRIVATE TUITION or private teaching activity.
30. (1) No child shall be required to PASS ANY BOARD EXAMINATION till completion of elementary education
This wiki needs updated information. To contribute please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org